*Americana Vignette is a pen name. All rights, intellectual or otherwise, express or implied, are reserved by the original author/creator.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Of Trees & Memories

Tis forever this way
As we go, day by day
'Hurry here', 'scurry there', grieve and toil;

True, while work is our lot
Still I thought me a thought
To take time for a stroll o'er the soil.

With a book in my hand
My gaze happened to land
On a tree, with its branches low-spreading

Then quick to my mind
Flew a moment in time
From my youth, so with book to tree heading.

From my vantage of years
Truly now I hold dear
These rare moments when leisure is mine

While the tree seemed to call
With the zephyr of fall
"Pray, make use of this afternoon fine!"

So for part of a day
While the leaves swirled and played
I became but a child again

And that tree gave me flight
On that fall day so bright
From the cares and the worries of men.

-Americana Vignette
November 14, 2013



1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. And have you always had a middle name? I like it-Mystine.

    ReplyDelete